Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Patriotism, meh.

Okay, yesterday seems like the first time I watch football (or soccer to American) like a hooligan after very long time. It's a joyful moment for the side that won, and it's a tearjerker on the other side. And me, was on the sad part unfortunately. It was a moment of truth to those who are in the field. However, it seems like an eye opener for me too.


To be honest, I don't really like the fact that my country is so messed up. Maybe because I'm not as patriotic as the people that I know of in the past. I couldn't shed blood for my country. Heck, I don't even feel like to do anything either. Nevertheless, somehow after watching yesterday match, I realized something. Despite on how much I hate the fact that Indonesian is a messed up country, I am still an Indonesian. I'm a children of that soil, bred from the crops of its ground, nurtured by the guidance of its people.

Peace out!
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. dont be bothered about it so much. Its just football u know

    ReplyDelete